Sunday, June 16, 2013

How many times have I tried this now?

Over the past 2 years I have tried over and over to make changes, go on diets, lose weight, whatever. All of which, have obviously failed. I'd lose a few pounds, feel a little better and then something would happen in life (as usual) and I would lose my motivation and happiness and sink back to where I was before. Well, I'm here to say I'm tired of it. Up until January I had kept my weight at least steady averaging around 168-170 lbs. A far cry from where I want to be, but at least I wasn't gaining. Well in January 2013 I became very depressed, lazy and anti-social. I started gaining weight and wasn't even realizing it till one day I stepped on the scale and saw that now I weighed 185. I stood there, quite literally, for about 2 minutes staring at that number in awe. How did this happen? What had I done? I had at least stayed at my weight for over a year and now I just gain 15 pounds? It crushed me, and it's hard to admit this all out loud, but that was my final wake up call. I had to make lifestyle changes. I need to educate myself and become active and not go on a dreaded diet, but make healthier choices overall. Change my lifestyle. My weight isn't the only thing pushing me towards this either. I am tired, All. The. Time. My back is in pain at least once sometime during the day, and although I do have scoliosis, my lack of movement doesn't help my lower back muscles any. I know I need more nutrients, less sugar, more activity, and make better eating decisions.

I've done a lot of homework and I've found ways that will actually help me transform myself. Things that are easy and I can start right away. I've watched documentaries and YouTube videos, as well as read countless things online. I want to share all my information with you and share this journey with you. I feel I am becoming more and more aware of what's going on and informed which is quite literally changing the way I think about food. I finally feel like I am going to be making permanent changes and that is finally giving me to guts to sit here and blog about it. I think blogging is a good way to sit back and reflect on how the journey is going, what works and what needs to change. Maybe all of you can give me motivation. Maybe I can even give some of your motivation. Luckily, Ty is on board with everything I'm wanting to do and we are doing this together. Changing our lives together.

Honestly, this is going to be a challenge for me. I'm going to try very hard to take many pictures, share lots of info and blog as regularly as possible. I'm kinda nervous if I'm going to succeed or not....I'm really hoping that I do. Good news is, right now I'm not working and I'm home a lot so this should be easier to do. I still have some job type things I'll be doing, but nothing that will keep me really busy. I'm trying to use this time off as an advantage so that I can't use the "I'm too busy" excuse anymore. If I can make changes now over the summer, then in August when I start working again it will be a lot easier to transition these changes when I'm a lot busier. Well, wish me good luck!!!!






Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment