Sunday, June 16, 2013

Diet? Reboot? What?

So to start off our changes we are going to do a reboot. I don't want to call it a diet because those are temporary and I don't want a temporary change. I want a change that will stick with me forever. Our reboot was inspired by two different documentaries. Both of them are very different and give lots of info.

Hungry For Change http://www.hungryforchange.tv/  This one is much more informative and gives lots of simple advice that is easy to start.  Available on Netflix or $3.99 on Amazon.

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/  A much more inspiration film, this follows the story of a man fasting for 60 days. Available on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.

There are lots of other documentaries out there, but so far these are the only two I have watched. They have really helped Ty and myself get some motivation and figure out what is going to work best for us. We have already been juicing for about a week (will have another post all about juicing in a few days) and it's turning out to be a pretty good experience. Our reboot is going to consist of lots of juice, smoothies, and veggie rich dinners. The goal is to cut pretty much all carbs and sugar. We want to try this reboot for two weeks and see how it goes. I know I'll never cut fats, sugars and junk food out completely, and that's not my goal. I want to change my diet to be filled with large amounts of raw foods and smaller amounts of crap.

Right now my house is FILLED with tons of fresh veggies and fruits and the good news is I've actually been eating them consistently and Brendan seems to be a fan of most of it too (that in itself is an awesome thing!!).  When I'm hungry and want to snack I've been more likely to grab something healthy, and although some of it is by force, part of me is actually wanting to eat it instead of chips or cookies. I'm hoping that this reboot will start to change my taste buds and my cravings and eating greens and veggies will be something that I WANT to do instead of something I HAVE to do.

Tonight I'll be eating one more piece of my anniversary cake and then it's going in the garbage. Over time I plan on throwing things away and replacing them with better, healthier options (like margarine...I am NEVER buying that stuff again. Butter tastes better anyway. :) ).


See ya later, cake! I don't feel quite so guilty throwing this away since it was free, haha.




  Katie

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Miss Katie! Those two films really open ones eyes. Also check out food inc. Good information on where the good food actually comes from.

    ReplyDelete